OldComp.cz

Komunitní diskuzní fórum pro fanoušky historických počítačů

Právě je 28.03.2024, 19:41

Všechny časy jsou v UTC + 1 hodina [ Letní čas ]

Odeslat nové téma Odpovědět na téma  [ Příspěvků: 23 ]  Přejít na stránku 1, 2  Další
Autor Zpráva
 Předmět příspěvku: ZX-Art music updates
PříspěvekNapsal: 11.11.2014, 22:16 
Prvnička

Hello everybody!

I'm representing a ZX-Art, an online collection of ZX Spectrum graphics and music. We are building a modern ZX Spectrum archive for everybody, which is now limited to music and graphics only, but someday in future it will include the software releases as well - cracks, demos, intros, games, e-zines.
The ultimate goal is making an open archive for everybody - one of the next steps would be promoting an open and easy to use API, so anybody could use ZX-Art content in their applications like ZXTune did.

I would like to ask everyone - would you be interested in news and updates from ZX-Art? I can post:
* Game graphics updates (sometimes we manage to complete famous original game artists galleries)
* Demoparties graphics updates (party entries, scene artists)
* Music-related updates - completed collections of musicians, new features and so on.
Would anything be interesting from this list?

Have you heard about ZXTune - a crossplatform ZX Spectrum (and not only) music player? It has a nice Android version, which now supports direct in-app downloading of music directly from ZX-Art. It supports a lot of formats, including .ay, sound tracker, pro tracker, ASC and others.

Please give it a try - it's really nice.
Obrázek

I also would be really glad for any kind of feedback - please post your opinion about ZX-Art. Is it nice? Or dull? Is it buggy? Is something missing? Can something be improved?

Předmět příspěvku: Re: ZX-Art music updates
PříspěvekNapsal: 12.11.2014, 19:22 
Pan Generální

Hi Moroz,

nice to meet you, especially here!

The ZXArt webpage is awesome, the only thing I am looking for is a mega-collection of all masterpieces in one TAP, SCL file or a HDF image for the DivIDE interface :-)
How to list and download groups of pictures by genres?

Could you provide us with some statistic of the current status and with your future ideas, please?
New features and short updates posted here will be fine, I think (no long lists...).

Special thanks for the advanced formats, including the SAM Coupe mode 4 format. Do you need any help with making this part of the database full?
Please note 8x1 pictures are also available on the SAM Coupe (mode 2). Look at these nice Multitech color pictures: http://velesoft.speccy.cz/data-gear.htm

I know the ZXTune player. Unfortunately I do not use any commercial android store... I wish this was downloadable via the F-Droid.

Regards
SCjoe, sam.speccy.cz

PříspěvekNapsal: 13.11.2014, 00:40 
Site Admin

Yeah, ZXart webpage looks great, but IMHO I would like some info on pixel art pictures gallery. Author, year, used "screen mode", etc. Coz some pictures r obviously created in more than standard Spectrum capabilities. I dont even see close button under Mozilla (of course, at second try I figured, that when I click outside picture area, full pictures view will close).

PříspěvekNapsal: 13.11.2014, 10:25 
Kecálek

misticjoe píše:
Yeah, ZXart webpage looks great, but IMHO I would like some info on pixel art pictures gallery. Author, year, used "screen mode", etc. Coz some pictures r obviously created in more than standard Spectrum capabilities. I dont even see close button under Mozilla (of course, at second try I figured, that when I click outside picture area, full pictures view will close).

What about click on the name of the picture? There are all the infos you are looking for. For example: http://zxart.ee/eng/graphics/authors/p/prof4d/yoda1/

PříspěvekNapsal: 13.11.2014, 13:47 
Site Admin

Oh, you've right! I didn't even noticed that, just clicked pictures themselves. Thanx :-)

PříspěvekNapsal: 16.11.2014, 22:43 
Prvnička

SCjoe píše:
Hi Moroz,

nice to meet you, especially here!

Thank you!

SCjoe píše:
The ZXArt webpage is awesome, the only thing I am looking for is a mega-collection of all masterpieces in one TAP, SCL file or a HDF image for the DivIDE interface :-)
How to list and download groups of pictures by genres?

Filtering the images is available through detailed search form:
http://zxart.ee/eng/graphics/database/
There are filtrations by image type, year, including/excluding tags. Please take a look and let me know if something can be done better.
There are not so much tags at the moment, this will be resolved in near future.

SCjoe píše:
Could you provide us with some statistic of the current status and with your future ideas, please?
New features and short updates posted here will be fine, I think (no long lists...).

I will surely post only major content updates and keep them short and focused to make them interesting.

At the moment there are:
8073 images
1054 tunes
1987 authors
3129 comments (99% in russian though)
58046 votes for ratings (surprise for myself as well).

Near future priorities for ZX-Art are following:
1. Usability fixes in desktop and mobile versions. All ambiguous problems should be resolved, maximum of useful information/navigation/sorting/filtering/searching should be provided.
2. All content should be open for updating by all registered visitors. This is almost done, but I will make an official announcement as soon as the last question is resolved. So, this is a second large direction - web2.0 friendly ZX-Art, where visitors would be the true owners of their content.
3. All content should be publicly available via API for any projects without limitations. This is a feature in progress, mostly done, in some form already used in ZXTune player.
4. All content should be comfortably available for all visitors via "take away" features like mass-downloading. I think that we can even generate TAP/TRD files online with files in native ZX Spectrum formats.

Far future priorities:
1. Adding software catalogue to ZX-Art. Demos, games, system tools, e-mags, cracktros with releases, versions, authors, comments and so on. A large feature, won't start it before 4 previous steps are completed.
2. Fonts database
3. Native client for Spectranet? :)

SCjoe píše:
Special thanks for the advanced formats, including the SAM Coupe mode 4 format. Do you need any help with making this part of the database full?
Please note 8x1 pictures are also available on the SAM Coupe (mode 2). Look at these nice Multitech color pictures: http://velesoft.speccy.cz/data-gear.htm

The official policy of ZX-Art formats is following: ZX-Art should support all formats from all hardware machines which are partly backwards-compatible with ZX Spectrum 48.
This includes: Sam Coupe, ZX-Evolution (baseconf+tslabs), Timex, Pentagon, Scorpion and other clones, variations or ZX Spectrum compatible machines. I made this choice to avoid the endless flamewars about what's a true Spectrum and what is not.
This is why I would be really glad if you could help somehow to populate a database with Sam Coupe graphics, because we only have two images at the moment:
http://zxart.ee/eng/graphics/database/p ... sc/page:1/

SCjoe píše:
I know the ZXTune player. Unfortunately I do not use any commercial android store... I wish this was downloadable via the F-Droid.

Vitamin asked to tell that there is a direct download of package on ZXTune website as well: http://zxtune.bitbucket.org/ :)

PříspěvekNapsal: 16.11.2014, 22:45 
Prvnička

misticjoe píše:
Oh, you've right! I didn't even noticed that, just clicked pictures themselves. Thanx :-)

Update of the fullscreen widget is one of the top priorities.
You are right, clicking on image should also contain info, author, tags, rating and commenting, along with "close" button :)
This will surely be done in one of the next updates.

PříspěvekNapsal: 13.12.2014, 17:24 
Prvnička

I think that I there is no need to create a separate topic for graphics updates, so I will post everything here.

Pixeljoint.com competition "Zarblay Xemplok" (2011) images have been added. Thanks to diver4d, they can be now viewed on a real hardware (ZX Evolution - a modern clone of ZX Spectrum with advanced graphics capabilities).

Obrázek Obrázek Obrázek

Is there any Czech artists or musicians which are missing on ZX-Art? Can you please advise somebody?
I'm looking for all kind of information - missing games graphics, missing artists, musicians.

PříspěvekNapsal: 14.02.2015, 01:32 
Prvnička

Some smaller music updates:
CC Winter / DiHalt Lite 2015 music
Complete collection of Estonian ZX Spectrum musician Jaan

And a little graphics as well:
CC Winter / DiHalt Lite 2015 graphics
Anaglyph Stereo 3D on ZX Spectrum

Obrázek

PříspěvekNapsal: 21.02.2015, 00:00 
Prvnička

A gallery of game graphics by Dušan Balara from DSA Computer Graphix has been completed.

Obrázek Obrázek Obrázek

I would also like to ask - does anybody have any information about Gold Storm, authors of "Pedro na Ostrove Piratov"?

PříspěvekNapsal: 30.03.2015, 22:34 
Prvnička

ZX-Art invites everybody to participate in filling and correcting an archive of music and graphics.

We announce the following changes (prepared during last half year) as ready for public use:

* Artists and musicians can now easily get all the rights for editing of their page.
* Enthusiasts can quickly add their favourite tunes, pictures, parties, games, authors

If you are an author, then you can greatly help by checking the information on your page for correctness. Please let us know or correct mistakes if you find something - we would really appreciate such kind of a help.

Additional to this, we invite all interested ZX Spectrum fans to recollect the favourite graphics and music from games, demos, e-magazines. If something is missing, then you can advise it right here or upload it directly to a website.

PříspěvekNapsal: 31.03.2015, 20:56 
Pan Generální

Hi Moroz,

being impatient I have tried to add some pics:
http://zxart.ee/eng/graphics/authors/s/sam-fred/

Not the best, but all I have in the requested format .ss4.

Questions and remarks:
1) How to import standard PNG screenshots (made by the Simcoupe emulator)?
2) How to add pictures (mostly made by unknown authors) from diskmags? Eg. I set the autor named "sam-fred" for all pictures from the diskmag FRED in general...
3) How to note the diskmag (a number, a section)?

Spasibo.

PříspěvekNapsal: 03.04.2015, 20:19 
Prvnička

SCjoe píše:
Hi Moroz,

being impatient I have tried to add some pics:
http://zxart.ee/eng/graphics/authors/s/sam-fred/

Not the best, but all I have in the requested format .ss4.

Děkuju!

These images are really-really good, especially landscapes. I've never seen anything like this on Sam Coupe, it surely deserves some promotion!
SCjoe píše:
Questions and remarks:
1) How to import standard PNG screenshots (made by the Simcoupe emulator)?

There is no support of PNG at the moment - this was done with purpose, since we try to store all the images in format, which is compatible with real hardware.
SInce there is no way to get original screens as memory dumps, you can try to reconvert the PNG back to ss4, if this is possible. What do you think about this?

SCjoe píše:
2) How to add pictures (mostly made by unknown authors) from diskmags? Eg. I set the autor named "sam-fred" for all pictures from the diskmag FRED in general...

When I was adding images from "Faultless", I've used exactly the same scheme. I think that "sam-fred" is totally ok for this case.

SCjoe píše:
3) How to note the diskmag (a number, a section)?

There are no clear rules for this yet. You may note it in "release" field, this is the most relevant.

PříspěvekNapsal: 28.04.2015, 17:54 
Prvnička

Graphics and music from Multimatograf11 has been added.

ObrázekObrázekObrázek

Watch, listen, vote and comment please! Without feedback there won't be any parties :)

Předmět příspěvku: Re: Grafické programy pre SAMka?
PříspěvekNapsal: 09.05.2015, 21:24 
Pan Štábní

Prisel mi mail tykajici se grafiky a hudby pro SAM COUPE. Takze vzhledem k tomu, ze jsem spolecensky unavenej, preposilam to sem v puvodnim zneni:

Hello Velesoft!
I'm a maintainer of ZX-Art, a collection of ZX-Spectrum clones/compatible computers art - graphics and music.

It happened so, that I also included a support for Sam Coupe graphics and music, and some of Timex formats as well. Although some hardcore ZX fans won't agree with me, I think it's pretty logical to support these machines on ZX-Art as well, since they are more or less compatible with original ZX Spectrum 48, which makes them no different ideologically from Sprinter, ATM2 or ZX Evo.

I would like to ask for Your help in filling website with content.

What do we already have:
http://zxart.ee/eng/graphics/database/pictureType:sam4/sortParameter:date/sortOrder:desc/page:1/ - some Sam Coupe mode4 graphics.

http://zxart.ee/eng/music/database/formatGroup:saa/sortParameter:date/sortOrder:desc/page:1/ - perfect Yerzmyey's tune

http://zxart.ee/eng/graphics/database/pictureType:timex81/sortParameter:date/sortOrder:desc/page:1/ - Timex 8*1 graphics

Could you please suggest any sources of graphics/music for Sam/Timex in original formats?

I've seen a link you posted on speccy.pl:
http://velesoft.speccy.cz/samcoupe/saa1099/e-t-music.rar

In fact, I can import all of these tunes automatically, by parsing info from text file as well. Are there also non-compiled tracker source files available for these tunes? Are there some more tunes?

Thanks in advance for any information!

--

Best Regards,
Dmitri Ponomarjov.

Odeslat nové téma Odpovědět na téma  [ Příspěvků: 23 ]  Přejít na stránku 1, 2  Další

Všechny časy jsou v UTC + 1 hodina [ Letní čas ]